Monday, May 18, 2009

Taking Flight

I had a busy day today... a 7:20 a.m. flight out of Des Moines into St. Louis, a presentation and a training session, then it was back to the airport for a flight back to Des Moines that landed just after 9 p.m. This was the little beaner's first official flight as a mobile little one. Thinking back, the first time I felt Baby Beck move was on March 6 - about a month and a half ago. I did fly during this trip, but I didn't feel any fluttering while in the friendly blue skies. Oh what a difference a month and 12 days makes!!

Either this little bean LOVES or HATES air travel. Both on the way there and on the way back, for nearly the entirety of each flight, the babe was bonkers! Grandma Beck thought this may be the result of the plane's constant vibration. Certainly that is viable. In a plane, you don't have a way to ground yourself. So think of the poor little bean, stuck in a seemingly eternal wave pool - imagine the impact the constant hum of the plane probably has on fluids in the body! It was probably a bit loud as well - or at a minimum, it sounded different than anything baby's used to.
I'm not sure what other environments I'll be in that may cause the bump to keep "bumping" - but when I encounter them, I'll let you know!

2 comments:

  1. Not to be too observant but, Baby Beck has been moving around in ya for TWO and a half months. Not ONE and a half. Time must be going a little too fast for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHA! You're right! I'd say "you win the prize for catching the planted typo," but I didn't mean to do it.
    It is going fast... yet I feel I've been pregnant for a long time. I'm really enjoying it... and am sad thinking about how soon BB won't be with me all the time. :(
    That said, I'm so excited for everyone to be able to meet the little babe.

    ReplyDelete