Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hiccups

There are a handful of folks who've asked me whether the baby's had hiccups yet. "I don't know, I haven't asked the little charmer," is typically my first thought. Really though, the little bean has been on the move quite frequently, but there hasn't been a time when I'd say I recognize any of the movement being similar to that which hiccups cause. That is, until today at 4:22 p.m.

There was a little nudge (not out of the ordinary), then another in the exact spot (again, not atypical), then another - all about two seconds apart. It went on, repeating at least 14 times (yes, I counted).

To think of the bean (who is supposedly about a foot in length - the size of an ear of corn, approximately - and weighs just over a pound) flailing around with uncontrollable abdominal spasms kind of makes me giggle. It was short-lived and as long as it's a part of the developmental process, I'm good with it.

In honor of hiccuping babies everywhere, inside and outside of the "pod," here's a little something for you to giggle at as well:



No comments:

Post a Comment