Sunday, March 22, 2009

And now, the end is near...

...And so I face, the final curtain.

Well, it's not exactly the end... but the end for a while at least. That is, for my pants. As my waistline expands, my wardrobe shrinks. Sad? Inevitable? Forever? Yes. Yes. Better not be!!

It's one of those sacrifices everyone who's done this pre-me has lived through and gotten over. I've heard that no matter how many things - material, physical or emotional - moms surrender, once you see that little darling's face, it's all worth it. I'm sure that's true. And in 20 more weeks, when my eyes meet that little noggin with pinchable cheeks, I'll surely get it.

But until I look pregnant without question (you know, when people no longer just think I've "let myself go"), I can't help but feel just a teensy bit discontented at the status of the new number on the scale and the increase in inches it takes to envelop my waist.

1 comment:

  1. lotion lotion lotion lotion and post baby drink water water water water water and more water!!!! Stretch marks are genetic so check with your mama!
    Hugs girly! Miss you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete