Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not QUITE Alien, But Close

I saw the little bugger move today! Well, I saw my growing tummy move. "Little Beck" (this is how my mom is referring to the bean) was having quite an active day, which is pretty normal now. As I was working, my arm was feeling pulses as it was touching my bump. After about a dozen little "knocks," I decided to take a peek and see if it looked as dramatic as it felt.

Just a few short seconds later, there it was. The lower left part of my tummy quickly expanded then detracted in a flash. It was like there was a chopstick pushing from the other side. I don't recall swallowing any chopsticks... but perhaps the celery I ate last night served as a stand-in.

I'm sure that as my "pod that encases the pea" continues to pulse, expand and stir, all this may become less fascinating... but for now, it's stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment